Wednesday, April 15, 2009

hmmm...

So, of course, it would be nice to wrap up my school year about 6 weeks early. Sounds nice, right? Well, minus the fact that I am totally unprepared for that to happen! Today gave me a serious scare! 

I went in for my weekly NST (non-stress test) and BPP (biophysical= sonogram). All looked great on the sonogram, including that my fluid is back down in to the safe range-YAY!!! After the sonogram, I headed back to the NST room to complete my test and started contracting. It was completely out of nowhere and lasted for a long, long time. I have felt the contractions before, but thought nothing of them. I guess I might should have been more concerned because the nurses sure were. I got a shot in the arm and the announcement that "if the shot didn't work, I had just bought myself a bed at the hospital!" The shot hurt and made me all jittery and antsy. Fortunately, it worked, and I am home, sweet home after the 2 1/2 hour ordeal!

It could have been anything that caused it from true contractions, to dehydration, to who-knows-what-else! The incredible blessing is that I am home and not in a new, comfy hospital bed for the duration. Praise God, who fully protected me in those moments and my precious mother-in-law who was by my side the whole time (poor thing just came to see the sonogram)! Now, I am going to go cry (I need a release) and hit the hay early! New pics tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts...