Sunday, November 15, 2009

glass half full?

This morning in church, Pastor Baron spoke of the most dreaded question- "Is the glass half full or half empty?" You know, the ol' optimist/pessimist question. Well, I think I am a little of both and oftentimes I read far too in to things. Interestingly enough, I had never thought of it in terms of my faith. Today, I realized exactly where I have been going wrong for so long. Granted, I have known it all along, but I just haven't faced it. My hope is that this newfound understanding has a positive reflection on the way I lead my life. More on that later, but here is the gist of the whole thing...

God gave us a full glass. He gave it to us when he sacrificed his one and only Son, out of love, to save us from our sins. His sacrifice was enough to provide an ever-full glass. But we, the imperfect beings that we are, take our full glass and pour it in to a bigger glass and wait for the world to fill it up for us. We want the things of this world to complete us, when truly, we are complete in Christ. My hope and prayer is that my satisfaction comes in the full glass that I have already been given. My hope and prayer is that I toss the things of this world aside and fully follow the God who has given me a full, fantastic life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts...