
I am thankful...
1...for my Jesus, who continues to bless my life, day in and day out.
2...for my husband. He truly completes me and is absolutely my best friend. We aren't perfect, but we work together really well. He works harder than anyone I have ever seen and would do anything to provide for our family. He is also an amazing father, who plays hard and disciplines consistently. On top of all that, he makes me laugh EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
3...for Maryn. She challenges me and keeps me honest. Her smile brightens my day and her brilliance floors me. She is so much like her daddy! Maryn Grace is loving and caring and polite and sweet. She is our beautiful blessing.
4...for my baby Bear. Barret has completed our family in the most amazing way. He is so relaxed and chill and easy going. He wakes up with a smile and goes to sleep with a smile. A HUGE smile. He is the definition of content and has the happiest disposition.
5...for my mom and sisters. The 4 of us make each other better people. They support and encourage me and love my sweet babies so, so much. I couldn't live without any one of them.
6...my Grandma Joyce (and late Grandpa Dick). They played a huge role in raising me. Plain and simple- without them, I would not be who I am today. I miss my Grandpa Dick so much, but feel so fortunate that we still have my precious Grandma Joyce.
7...for my in-laws. No one could ask for better. They, too, are supportive and loving. We all have so much fun together and and my kiddos are so lucky to get so much quality time with them.
8...for my extended family. I actually love hanging out with them. My aunts, uncles, and cousins are some of my greatest supporters.
9...for my church. I have been attending Westminster since I was young. I wasn't actively involved as a child, but it has always been "my" church. Now I attend Westminster by choice. I attend Westminster because the spirit is moving there. I attend Westminster because it is, absolutely, my church HOME.
10...for my job. For a while, I didn't want to admit that I was called to be a teacher. I wanted a high-paying, fancy-pants job. Turns out, I have that. I don't get paid in cash money, but I am absolutely rich! Through the good days and the bad days, I have a passion for teaching and I am blessed by my students each day.
11...for my friends. I have some of the most incredible friends. Friends who have been around a long time, and some for a short time. I am rich in friendship, no matter how far away some of my besties have moved!
12...for my home. We live in a beautiful, perfect little neighborhood. We have a fabulous house, with room to grown, and yard that we love to be in. I am proud to pull in to my driveway each day.
13...for my co-workers. I truly adore so many of the people that I work with. We have fun and laugh with each other and they make each work day a little better.
14...for technology. It seems silly, but I don't know what I would do without it! Nothing is better than googling an answer to just about anything, or iChatting and emailing with family, or keeping up with friends and family on Facebook.
15...for pictures. I love photography. I wish I was better at it, but I am so thankful for my top-notch camera and video camera. I hope I never miss a moment worth documenting.
16...for music. Regardless of my mood, music can make or break it.
17...for ice cream, which always makes me feel better!
18...for challenges. Thank goodness there is always something to keep me on my toes!
19...for clean sheets and freshly shaven legs.
20...for a fireplace. I always dreamed I would have one and now I am willing to turn on the air conditioner just to light a fire!
21...for HGTV, which always keeps me dreaming.
22...for people.com and popsugar.com. I simply love celebrity gossip!
23...for winter. I love being stuck inside, all cuddled up in a blanket, and hoping for snow.
24...for summer, which is always sweet relief to a long school year, even if I don't really like the hot weather.
25...for fall evenings in west Texas.
26...for tailgating and college football. Namely, the Red Raiders.
26...for baseball. I love baseball. I am going to TRY not to force my son to be a baseball player, or my daughter to play softball, but I sure do hope they will join me on my tour of major league parks some day!
27...for the mountains. I love every moment that I spend in the mountains. They are a beautiful, breath of fresh air.
28...for Lubbock, TX. There is no prettier sunset then those in Lubbock, TX.
29...for mental health days. For staying in pajamas all day long and doing absolutely nothing constructive.
30...for reality TV. What a silly, fun escape from "reality."
I think 30 will do for now...
Love it. I think you should come visit your friend in the mountains -- kind of a two in one deal, right?!?! Love you friend!
ReplyDeleteThis is an incredibly beautiful list. I'm inspired, Cayce.
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love it.
I wish I had seen this blog earlier! Not sure how I missed it, but I love it!
ReplyDelete