Shocker- I haven't been a good blogger! I know all of you are so surprised. I love blogging, but I haven't taken the time to keep up. I'm back, for a day or two though, so enjoy the catch-up!
RESOLUTION UPDATE:
1. My first resolution was to lose 60 pounds. I am still working on that one faithfully. Finding the time to workout has been hard, but I am doing the Couch to 5K program (on Week 3!) and I am trying to get active in several classes (Zumba, PowerPump, etc). I have lost 20 pounds and hit a plateau, but I have faith that if I keep working hard, the weight will keep dropping. I have always felt that my weight issues were a question of vanity and that God loved me regardless, which He does, but He also wants me to hand over these issues to him. As such, I am now meeting with a inter-generational group of women at church and we "Weigh and Pray" each week. It has been amazing accountability and God truly does want to bless every bit of our lives, if we would just let Him.
2. Read! Although I fell a bit behind during summer school as I was reading many articles and book chapters, I have read A LOT and I have loved it! I'll work up a list later if anyone cares to know what I recommend.
3. Become debt-free. We have stuck to FPU and it has made a world of difference in our lives. Although we are no where close to being debt free we are definitely progressing in the right direction. Bran is trying to sell his truck (HERE for those interested- we are ready to make a deal!) because he bought another OLD (1988) truck to do his running around in and my truck is paid off. Once we sell the truck, we move on to our last debts- student loans.
4. Use a menu. This is the key to all of the above- it creates more time for reading, I make better choices for my diet and we save money! We have done pretty well, though we decided not to batch cook for the summer (I am not a fan of hot casseroles on hot days). We will get back to it when school starts, for sure.
5. Pray for our kids. EPIC FAIL. My prayer life has been lacking. I want to be better in this area. MUCH better.
6. Get organized. HA! Hasn't happened. Cleaned our drawers and such, but our house is still a disorganized mess.
7. Go back to school- check! I took 2 classes at Tech during June and I am finishing up my first class at LCU. I will take 3 (1-Tech, 2-LCU) more in the fall and then focus all my energy at LCU to finish up administration. This whole process has been an incredible blessing and I can't wait to see where God is sending me!
8. Daily quiet time. Refer back to #5.
9. Focus on my marriage. Though I haven't finished the Love Dare, a combination of things have really had a positive effect on my marriage. Most of them are private, but Bran and I are in a pretty darn good place. He is so, so happy working Noble Fence full-time and I just love teaching, and it is amazing what a little happiness can do for a marriage! (A little lovin' never hurt ;))
10. Become an encourager. I think I have made strides in this department, honestly. I think God is really changing my heart and making me check my words and my actions. God has put people in to my life that have truly given me a window in to how I don't want to be and many have shown me what I strive to be. Things are looking up in this arena but I have miles to go!
Look for more blogs coming soon to catch you up on our super fun summer!!!
Our BABY is THREE!!
10 years ago
I hope you what a rock star you are. I don't know how you do it all!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a busy summer, Cayce! Congrats on all the progress you're making!!
ReplyDeleteOne thing my trainer recommended to jump start those plateaus is to spend 4-6 days on a protein heavy diet with just fruits and veggies as your carbs. It will help kick start your metabolism into overdrive, allegedly... So you might try that.
Yay!! So glad to see your blog title move up my list! Hope you continue to blog because I love to read it!
ReplyDeletewww.swindellonline.blogspot.com
I'm a faithful blog reader, so it brightens my day when I go to the link and see a new title! Yea for you! Katie
ReplyDelete