Fast forward to today. I've had this thought floating through my head for the last few weeks. Or for...ever. And, much like God often does, this morning's sermon hit me right between the eyes. You see, Daniel was thrown in the lion's den, long story short, because he lived his belief in Christ out loud. He made it through the lion's den because His God, and mine, is alive.
Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
So, why isn't that good enough for me? Occasionally, it is. But, more often than not, it's because I'm unable to relinquish control. My life is no lion's den. As a matter of a fact, I've got it pretty dang good! I live in a beautiful home, with a loving husband and two incredible kids. I have a job that I love, and many precious friends. So, no, life isn't that hard. And yet, every time I log on to Facebook and see a picture of two of my friends together and I was, ugh, not invited to join, my feelers are hurt. I worry about why no one wants to hang out with me. When I'm home on a Friday night with nothing to do, I worry that it's because I don't have any friends or my friends don't really want to be around me. But I just said I had it pretty dang good! Teddy Roosevelt sums it up best- "Comparison is the thief of joy." That is the dang truth! And when you add up my worry, my jealousy and my fatalist persona, I'm crying in my pillow a little too often even when I know that I can cast all my cares upon Him. I'm working on it.

Hey, Cayce, just know that you aren't the only one who feels that way. I think we all do at one time or another. And, about the whole thing with seeing friends together and you weren't invited- yep, been there many times, too, and have felt the same way. Or maybe feeling like a coach might be friendlier to other families at the gym than they are to me and my family, etc. Believe me, I have my own insecurities as well. Just from what I know of you I think you're pretty darn cool and a great mom and teacher and feel grateful to have you and other good people in my life to teach me and be good examples for me. I hope you have a great week. We'll see ya at the gym!
ReplyDeleteyou get me.
ReplyDelete