Well, life has been fast-paced, fun, exhausting, etc, etc, etc for these past few weeks. Or, at least that is the excuse I am using for why I am so far behind on blogging! Gear up...this is going to be a long one!
Maryn: Maryn is still super excited to be a big sister and can't wait to be a Roscoe Wilson Wrangler in the fall. She will finish up her time at the WPC preschool next Friday and then join me in August! (Wow, time flies!) She has been a challenge on many fronts, but those same qualities that make her a challenge are also what make her such a joy! We are both excited (and mom is a little worried) about LOTS of quality time this summer!
Bran: Bran continues to work his rear-end off at everything that he does! He is wrapping up the school year with a bang, including his Teacher of the Year nomination (no word yet on who won for Lubbock I.S.D.) and lots of track meets! We honestly haven't seen much of him in the past month. When he is home, we find plenty of ways to put him to work! Over the Easter weekend, he took me on a surprise trip to IKEA in Frisco to buy necessary items for our bathroom, including a sink, towel stand and lots of accessories!

He also managed to pour a new pad of concrete by our back gate (not pictured), remove lots of pave stones and replace the pave stones with some beautiful bushes and recycled glass mulch! Although we need them to grow quickly to block out some of the junk on the back wall of our house, it has already made a huge difference in our backyard!

We are excited about all the progress at our house!
Cayce (and P2): I have been just plain exhausted for the last month! I know I have been short-tempered and had very little patience for both my students and my family. Fortunately, most of them have put up with me, even on my worst days. P2 and I continue to get non-stress tests and bio-physical profiles (ultrasounds) each Wednesday. They have been great every time since the big scare! So far, P2 is outweighing and measuring most his/her age! In other words- this is going to be a BIG baby! At this point, I feel like I could deliver any day, but I hope to make it until June, albeit early June sounds nice;)
I have been incredibly spoiled in terms of baby showers and friends loving on me! My co-workers threw me a fantastic baby shower full of Target gift cards (and other wonderful stuff). I hope to get organized enough this weekend to go shopping for what we still need! My 4th graders threw me a "surprise" baby shower this past week and bought me an amazing stroller! And last, but certainly not least, my sweet girlfriends (from small group and such) threw me a shower where I got lots of amazing goodies! P2 ought to be in good shape when he/she enters this world!

While I try not to overdo it (most days), I have been trying to accomplish things lately! Yesterday's mission was to finish putting our new flower bed together. (remember the pics of Maryn "helping" Bran dig it out!?). We (by we, I mean B) planted a beautiful crepe myrtle in the corner and I spent my day yesterday planting zinnia and vinca. I love it! I can't wait for the flowers to really fill in.

We plan to continue enjoying our 3-day weekend with a couple of bbq's and filling up the pool in the backyard!
On a sad note, I had to miss my sister's graduation from that ugly burnt orange school down south because travel was vetoed by the doc! However, HUGE congratulations to Tyler for a job well done!
Cute! Cute! Cute! All of your planting looks great, and I'm loving your sink! Hope all goes well with P2's arrival, and maybe I can come by and spend some time with you guys when I come to L-town at the end of June. :)
ReplyDelete