Monday, August 10, 2009

babies

Oh, sweet, sweet summer. I know I have whined about all of my time at home, but as it wraps up, things are bittersweet. Bear has been a champ for his babysitter, and dropping him off actually hasn't been too bad. Of course, I miss him TERRIBLY each day and can't wait to get my hands on his each afternoon! We are blessed to have a place where we can comfortably drop him off and trust that his every need it met.

Things with Maryn have calmed down, for the most part. I recently read a blog talking about disciplining kiddos and a verse really stuck with me. Hebrews 12:11 also says, "For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it." I hope that no matter how many battles we fight, Maryn walks away from the experiences as a strong, independent, highly functioning citizen. My prayer is that God guides my words so that her spirit is not squashed in the discipline. I have no desire to raise a perfect, conforming angel- that just wouldn't be natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts...