Sunday, August 2, 2009

God is sooooo good!

It is quite cliche, but God is just so good!!! Our family has been incredibly blessed this summer. We got to welcome our precious son, and I have had the privilege to stay home with my sweet kiddos. Yes, I said privilege. Now, depending on the day, I have been known to use different adjectives to describe staying home. I am 100%, no question, NOT built to be a stay-at-home-mom! Not even close. I am a WAY better mother when I am working. However, I know God has had his hand our all of our experiences- screaming matches (between my beautiful daughter and me), total lack of sleep, and our trashed out house. I don't think I realized His mighty hand until late last week though. I was incredibly on edge and Branum came home from a long day of manual labor and we just weren't seeing eye to eye. To add fuel to the fire, Maryn was on a tear and Barret didn't know what to do except fuss! Wow...it all almost came to blows. I took just a short minute to say a prayer for God to calm our hearts, guide our words, and bless this learning experience and he didn't waste a second! He IMMEDIATELY brought peace to our household and it was nothing short of amazing!!! I know God is faithful to answer our prayers. I know God has an amazing plan for our family. I also know that I shortchange God REALLY often, particularly when His response to my prayer requests is not immediate. On this particular day, He showed me the light right when I needed it and has not stopped guiding my actions and words as I grow more and more frustrated and stir crazy. The truth is, I would rather teach 20 strangers' kids then stay home with me own but I know I am incredibly lucky to have had a summer of bonding time with both of my sweet kids. Thank you God for giving us the financial means to be able to do so, even if I don't really think I am cut out for it!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! You are right. You have two beautiful children and are blessed to have spent the summer with them. However, I know exactly what you mean about not being born a stay-at-home-mom. Thanks so much for checking out our blog. Good to see you guys and your great looking kids! We'll have to get together soon and yes, we did see your husband at a softball game. I was the idiot mom who thought she could take her 3 year old and infant to a game at 7:30 p.m., mid July. Ugh...when will I ever learn? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...