Today I had the joy and pleasure of attending two separate doctors appointments and have blood drawn. Wahoo! I am truly blessed to have an amazing team that took care of my class while I was gone most of the day. I drank the nasty glucola drink and took the gestational diabetes test. I won't get official results until next week, probably. However, given that I had it last go 'round, I am going to settle in for the diet! The second appointment was an ultrasound, which is always amazing. Truly, technology today is so crazy! I will scan in the pictures first thing in the morning for your viewing pleasure! Unfortunately, technology can also be scary. During all the measuring and such, it was determined that I have too much amniotic fluid. I wondered what the heck that meant and finally it all comes down to the idea that it tricks my body in to thinking that it is further along then it actually is. Of course, that can be dangerous if it results in preterm labor or dilation. So, for the duration, I will be monitored AT LEAST once a week to make sure things are rocking safely along. Lucky me- I get to hear the heartbeat and see that sweet face every week! Scarily, it could result in some yucky things. The truth is, I know God is in control regardless. I pray that I can relax, enjoy the many blessings and not let it all make me worry. Pics to come, I promise!
P2 is just excited to meet his/her Aunt TyTy, that's all, trying to hurry the process along...
ReplyDeleteoh man, but your right! God is in control! No worries! I can't wait to see Maryn as "big sis" she's gonna be awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteI was wondering how your appointments went. I will definitely be praying for you and baby!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Cayce,
ReplyDeleteI saw your blog on Monica's - and read about your amniotic fluid news. Just wanted to let you know that I had the same issue with Halley... fluid got up to almost a 35! They immediately gave me steroid shots and sent me to the hospital the next day in anticipation that the fluid would have to be drained. Somehow, the very next day, it was back down to a 25! Don't know how that happened, other than lots and lots of prayers. I just wanted you to know that we had the same problems, and now have the healthiest, sweetest little girl who is about to be one! I will keep you and your little one in my prayers!!!!!