On Friday my students celebrated the culmination of our study of the Middle Ages with a Medieval Festival. As per typical Cayce, I tried to take it a step above what it already was. I could have just left it alone and all would have been well, but I like to put my own twist on things. So, I made more work for myself. Shocker! The end result was pretty good and I wish I could post pics of my kids, but that probably isn't such a wise idea. Instead, I will just tell you that we completed medieval time period activities in each class (the students made illuminated manuscripts and stained glass windows and played chess/checkers). We ventured to the gym, thanks to the Lubbock blizzard of '09, for our Faire. The Faire was celebrated with jousters (jousting through a homemade-by-my-hubs obstacle course on stick ponies with fun-noodles!), archery, catapulting and lots of entertaining (by fortune tellers, troubadours, magicians and more!). We ended our day with a banquet of grapes, cheese, bread and bacon. It was yummy! All in all, I think they learned from the experience. I did too. The lesson I take from this experience- why fix what isn't broken!?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your thoughts...