Thursday, March 5, 2009

deep breaths...

The TAKS writing test is over. Hallelujah. I haven't hurt that badly in a long time. Active monitoring is horrible anyway, but prego active monitoring is MISERABLE! I seriously couldn't get out of bed Wednesday morning. The good news is that I don't have to do it again until I am 2 more months along...hmm, not good news after all, and I will get to do it 2 days in a row! The TAKS test is the work of the devil.

To be honest though, I would rather TAKS test for days then deal with parents of overindulged, entitled children. I have lost all patience for that. I hope I can successfully raise my children to be more than that. It's not a judgement as I know their parents are doing the best they can, I just wish they could see the long-term effects of this type of raising.

While I am whining, let me continue with, darn it! Bran is out of town! I totally think separation is good, and he and I truly do have lots of time apart, but I get incredibly lonely when he is gone. Even if we didn't spend more than 5 minutes together, it is a comfort to know that he is watching tv in the next room and will be crawling in to bed beside me. He has only been gone 12 hours...he is probably really enjoying an opportunity to be away from his whiney wife! I don't blame him. I am annoying myself!

On a positive note, have I mentioned how incredible my small group is!? Our meeting last night was more casual then usual and it was clear that the Noble's weren't in a good mood. And yet, we were all good. Our chapter was a great play off of what we had heard in Sunday's sermon and I feel the many blessings that God is bringing in to my life. The brokenness and character building will make me a stronger, more compassionate person. I look forward to looking back (can I do that!?) and seeing all that God did to further His plan for my life!


1 comment:

  1. GEEZ! I don't know how you do it! I would tell them to get sub for you!!! Hang in there!! MISS YA!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...